Innovation out of tradition. Berg –
Today we are just as much a family business as when we were first founded – now in the hands of the third generation. Such continuity is only possible if a company is not only a leader in innovation and technology, but also prepared to take new directions in business development.
Quality and environmental management as corporate aims.
At Berg, quality and environmental management are fully integrated in all processes and procedures – and firmly embedded as core components of the company policy. Both internally and externally, our efforts are documented by the demanding and strict certification requirements of DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN EN ISO 14001:2004. They signal the company's ambitious aspirations regarding responsible treatment of people and environment. In addition, Berg's management system also meets the technical specifications of the international automotive industry according to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
We see actively practicing environmental protection as a fundamental requirement for successful business operations and securing the future of our manufacturing facility. We have not only set ourselves the target of safeguarding the environmental standard but also of driving it forwards in response to rapidly changing market situations. All employees must follow these principles as a compulsory requirement:
- Our environmental protection activities are primarily aimed at the avoidance of environmental impacts, and if that is not possible, on reducing them. We base our actions on the state of the art technology in the area concerned and also check whether an even higher technical standard might be possible by taking suitable measures.
- New areas of business, systems, processes, products and materials are assessed at the outset for their environmental safety, the possibility of reducing environmental effects, the protection of resources and in terms of the safety situation.
- The awareness of our staff of their responsibilities in respect of quality as well as the environment and health and safety is promoted by means of information and training strategies. Quality management and environmental protection are not least permanent features of our company training and staff development measures.
- The effects of our business on the environment are regularly documented, assessed and monitored.
- We maintain open dialogue with the public and the authorities.